Sunday, January 2, 2011

30 Days: Day 2

Short Term Goals for this Month and Why

It seems rather appropriate to put this one right near the first of the month. There is so much I want to get done or that really needs to be done. I am having a mental battle as to whether it is better to be practical and set goals for the amount of things I really feel I could get done or to make a goal of the many things I'd like to get done this month and if I were super woman, or Bonnie, I might could get them done. Hummmmmmmm.......

1. Get my bedroom cleaned out and organized. While getting ready for Christmas, all the presents and all the junk from the house ended up getting put in our room to the point that it is difficult to even walk to my side of the bed. I know it will make me a lot happier when all the junk is cleared out and all the Christmas gifts find a place. At the moment we also have 4 suitcases in our room. I really think 2 should be sufficient bedroom decor.

2. Clean the basement. That is a two part job. The part that really needs to be done has been on the "to do list" for several months but it was a lot easier to ignore before. I need to clean out the food storage room. We once again have a can of pineapple something oozing black stuff all down the shelves. It is a sticky icky mess. Also, with all the shopping for the holidays, we have just taken a lot of stuff down and left it on the floor in bags. I'm sure I will find some of the party food I thought I had bought but couldn't find when I go through the bags. The second part of that job is the holiday boxes and holiday storage room. I think I have just one last arm full to take down, so now I just need to finish packing everything up and get them put away. I will have to remember to save a space for all the outside garlands and lights since they are frozen in place.

3. Clean up the sewing room. I sewed quite a few different things for Christmas and didn't get done till the night of the 23rd. It's nice to have a room where things can just stay where I left them till I get back to them but it is a mess right now and needs to be cleaned up. This will be the one I want to do first but I will have to save it till last. When I go in there, I will want to do the projects that are set out and waiting to be done.

4. Figure out which blog publisher to use and get my blogs for the last two year printed. I started looking at this last year but it got a little to overwhelming for me so I gave up. If I get those two done and it isn't too bad, I would like to get a book done of our Holland experience. I also started to look into that but didn't find one that could handle the volume/length that I wanted. Suggestions or advise would be very much appreciated for this one!

5. Start an exercise program. I already walk every morning, but I need some flexibility and strength work. Can I do it on my own or do I need to go to a gym? Can studying all the options count as exercise?

6. Go a month without drinking a caffeinated drink. That will be a hard one. Me and Dr. Pepper have a thing going, not an everyday thing, but at least 4-5 days a week. Alyna challenged me to give it up but during the holidays didn't seem like a very good time to do that. I may have to come home from work now and take a nap.

6. All the usual - be better/more regular at personal prayers, scripture study, teeth brushing, saying more positive things, etc.

2 comments:

Lisa Pace said...

Wow. That sounds ambitious. Wish I could be there to help you out. It's a lot more fun to clean that basement with another person.

Grace Face said...

The caffeine contest offer still stands!