Today started off a little rough. I have been looking, or more acurately, meaning to look for where I put the charger for the camera after we got back from Utah. I thought I might just spot it one day but that hasn't happened and so it was time to start looking. But there were several other items that seemed more pressing. I couldn't find my glasses that I need for detailed work, like threading a needle. Also, I looked briefly for my passport yesterday and didn't find it and looked again this morning for a minute, while looking for my glasses but I couldn't find any of them.
I was starting to panic, after all, we don't have that much stuff here so were could they be hiding. I thought I might have to take drastic steps, like cleaning out my whole closet. But first it was time to start some laundry. While taking the sheets off the bed, I noticed the camera battery charger on the nightstand. That was exciting but now I was more panicked about not finding my passport. I need to get it renewed before I come home next month, at least that was what I was told at the Salt Lake airport when we left at Christmas time. (I'm hoping that I can just send it to the US consulate here and get it back in time. If time is an issue, I will have to go to Amsterdam and do it in person.) So I started going through the closet again. It's a fairly big walk-in affair with drawers and such, so just about every miscellaneous thing gets put in there. I cleaned off one shelf, and waa-laa, there were my glasses. Just where I thought I had put them but I had already looked there two times and not seen them.
Then I thought about all the places I could have put my passport. I looked through the logical places like the purse and backpack I used, and then wondered if it could be possible that I had just never taken it out of my coat pocket since we got back from Utah. It is the coat I wear almost every time I go out so it didn't seem likely that I wouldn't have noticed that but I looked - and there it was, buttoned safely in the inside pocket.
So I guess what I've really lost is my mind. If anyone happens to notice it laying around, would you let me know. In the meantime, I'll try to remember to call the consulate tomorrow and get all my documentation to renew my passport ready to send off. Would someone check with me and make sure I got that done. Thanks.
Thursday's Photo
9 years ago
4 comments:
Hooray for finding lost things. That is always such a relief.
SO have you called the consulate yet?
I did and I will be mailing off my passport tomorrow. Thanks for checking.
I hate to lose things! But I'm glad you found them!
Post a Comment