Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Flowers

This weekend we have gotten a lot of nice flowers. It is amazing to me to see all the tulips for sale at the village markets and in the grocery stores. It's a really nice way to get through the dreary days of winter.


We bought these at the village market in Ede on Saturday. The piles on tulips were about three feet high and about 12 feet long. We paid $10euro and got 50 tulips and then we divided them and I took a bouquet to the missionary couple that we went to eat with on Sunday. These were closed up tight on Saturday. Aren't they sweet?!



This large flower arrangement is what Dennis got for his birthday from the company. They sent us one about the same size for our anniversary. It is so beautiful!



A neighbor had some hyacinths like these in her house and they smelled so good I stopped at the grocery store on my way home and bought some. They are very powerful and can be smelled throughout the house.



I have a few house plants also starting to bloom so our house is looking quite cheerful right now. Maybe I should have braved the cold last week and gone and bought some flowers!

2 comments:

Dennis Briscoe said...

This is really an understatement: "They are very powerful and can be smelled throughout the house."

Carol said...

Springtime in Holland! What an experience that will be! Your flowers are beautiful. One memory I have of Holland is a tulip field in full blossom. It seemed to go on for miles with nothing but beautiful tulips! Enjoy! Glad you found your things. It's what you get for hanging with "older" friends like me!