Saturday, May 31, 2014

Our new house

May 19th, 2014
A home in the St. George area - What began as a brief thought several years ago then became a possibility this spring is now a reality. We have bought a new home! As of today, all the paperwork and financing is done and it is ours. I am so excited to go see it. When we came down to look for a home we walked through about 5 homes but when we saw this one, I knew it was just what I had been hoping to find. 3 Bed, 2 bath in a wonderful location. We walked through it for about 15 minutes and then went down to our realtors office to work on putting an offer in on it. (Goodness, I've spent a lot longer than that when I'm trying to decided whether to buy a $100 pair of shoes.) That's the only time we saw the house. The MLS listing said it came fully furnished but we were so excited by the house we didn't even really look very closely at everything and we didn't know exactly what that meant.

Mindy has suggested we give the house a proper name. Her suggestion was Dragon House as in St. George and the Dragon. Dad recommended Vernon as in Mt Vernon. I have been trying to think of something to do with Cats Paw way - like Feline, or Cougar (there are some of those down in the area), or Simba or Bagheera. Also we could go the direction of what the house will hopefully be, like Oasis. Or Launchpad for the starting point for many southern Utah adventures. Any suggestions or thoughts.

May 21st. 
We arrived here at about 8 PM. So EXCITED!
So we took about 50 photos but I will try to choose the best 10 or 12.









May 22nd - Happy Birthday to me

 We must have gotten sidetracked in our exploring and forgot to take any photos of the master bedroom before we disturbed it. I took the rest of these this morning. The bed doesn't have the big spread or 4 other pillows on it.

 The previous owners must have really enjoyed golfing.





I've enjoyed sitting out on this back patio this morning while I write this post. Dennis is busy doing some repairs and trying to figure out how to get all the locks changed on the house. 

So, now that you've seen it, what is your idea of a good name  or title for it?

3 comments:

Carol said...

I think it looks beautiful! You'll really enjoy it! I'll have to think about the name. Congratulations!

Lisa Pace said...

Looks nice. Can't wait to see it in person. Ben's vote is "Grandma's fun little house."

Mindy said...

I still vote for The Dragon House, but I think if you really wanted to go cat-related, I personally would pick something like Whiskerfield or or Pouncepad or Le Mew.