Monday, October 8, 2012

Aaah, Autumn

(I wrote this a week or so ago but never got it finished so here we go)


 This week, I was able to get up in the mountains a couple of times.

I took our friends, Samantha and Tyson up Blacksmith Fork Canyon to look for good camping area for them that weekend. It's been years since I've been all the way up to Hardware Ranch so it was nice to see it again. Maybe we'll have to get up there this winter to do the sleigh ride and see the elk.

The next morning, I headed over to Bear Lake to meet Coy Mickelson. As I drove through Logan Canyon, the angle of the sun on the leaves in all their different light colors was breathtaking. I kept stopping to take pictures. 

I met Coy at her cabin. We spent the day 4 wheeling up Fish Haven canyon and down St. Charles canyon. It was such a perfect day. The temperature was cool in the morning but it warmed up nicely during the day. It was so beautiful!

These are some of my favorite shots of the day.




We stopped for a picnic lunch at the top of the canyon and then drove into the backside of white pine.


When we got out of the mountains, we drove to north beach and spent some time being wild and crazy as we zipped up and down the beach on the 4 wheeler. We took off our shoes and socks, and rolled up our pants and walked along the water edge. It felt so good, the cool water, the soft sand, the warm sun. The day was perfect. It was all the things I think of that represent summer, time in the mountains and playing in the water. I'm so glad I was able to get it in before the summer was really over.

At home, I got out the season decorations. Sam and I had a fun afternoon putting together some floral decorations. Sam did the one for the front porch while I did the coffee table one.









I'm so glad to live in a beautiful area and enjoy all the good things about changing seasons;
 the sights, smells, colors, feel and tastes.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Lovely! Glad you're enjoying the fall colors. We haven't got any here yet!

Lisa Pace said...

So pretty! I love Cache valley in the fall.

Unknown said...

What camera did you use to take those pictures? They are super good. I love the one with the bridge and the little path.

Annette said...

Photos taken with my iPhone. It has a pretty good camera and it is nice when everything syncs.