To Mother -
Whose love keeps me going in in times that seem bad
And who's taught me the value of blessings I've had.
To Mother -
Who is wise and loving and, in her own way,
Has made me the person I am today.
This is a post I've wanted to write for a while but have procrastinated because I know I won't be able to do it justice. Nevertheless, I need to do this and this seems to be the appropriate time.
I have been blessed with three of the most wonderful mothers any girl could ever hope to have.
My mother was an extremely talented, fun-loving, and hard working lady. She was always busy with a dozen different projects - sewing, painting, music, cooking..... She loved the gospel and was always willing to serve in whatever way she could. That was one of the greatest challenges for her after MS started taking it's toll - not being able to do all those things she loved to do and not being able to do the mothering things that she longed to do. She faced her trials with courage and grace. Even when she was hurting, she would try to laugh and reassure us that she was okay.
My Grandmother, Great Grandmother, Mother, sisters and me.
My mother died 7 months after Dennis and I got married. Luckily for me, I have a wonderful mother-in-law. Lola was there to help and support during all of our young married years. She was there to lend a helping hand and support when each of the babies were born. She watched the kids while we went on trips and did such a good job that it was never a sure bet that they'd want to come back home afterward. She's been there for me through so many of the good times as well as the bad and always lent support with her kindness, patience and love.
Twenty-two years ago, my dad remarried. Nedra has been a wonderful mother and grandmother. She is a remarkable woman. Her example, courage, and strength have taught and inspired me to be a better person. Her love for me and our family has blessed us all.
I hope when I grow up, I can be even a little bit like each of them.
I love you all!

2 comments:
Amen! What wonderful women they all are!
I agree with Mindy's comment but I must add that you are already there on so many of these. My mother is kind and loving. She can juggle five million things and still manage to have a good time with the people she cares about. She's is the perfect hostess and plans the best parties. She really can do anything because she is Super Mom!
Post a Comment